Sunday, September 25, 2005

Poor goat didn't stand a chance and neither did my vegetarian ways


We bought this goat for about $85. I didn't like how we had to tie him to our pickup truck but I guess it doesn't matter since it was going to be eaten anyhow. Prior to coming to Somalia I was a vegetarian...well actually I ate seafood but I did not eat chicken or red meat for almost a decade. There isn't a political reason for it, I just do not like how we treat and feed the animals we raise for food in Canada. I thought I would still be a vegetarian (who occasionally eats seafood) while in Somalia but that notion was out of the door as soon as I got here. Meat is a major component of the diet here and vegetables are not readily accessible in many parts of the country.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails