Sunday, September 25, 2005

Tree=homes


These traditional Somali homes might seem ugly and simple to construct (which they really are). By looking at them you would think they are good for the environment. However, they are not because they require a lot of trees to build them. We do not have that many trees to spare but we have soooo many rocks and mountains made from rocks that people should build their homes from them(believe me when you come here you are going to get so sick of rocks. I don't think I could handle seeing any more rocks). Let's try to leave the little trees we have alone so that perhaps certain places in the country might become cooler and rain more often. I recognize that it is cheaper to build these traditional homes rather then homes made from rocks but these homes are not sustainable. I really do not know how we got this far making homes from tree which we do not have!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails