Sunday, September 25, 2005

Prayer time

This picture is of the crew stopping to prey their Salat (Ismalic prayer). Sometimes it feels like prayer is only for men. Many women do not pray here. It is strange how some of them are covered from head to toe including their face yet they do not perform their Salat. For men and boys, they are expected to be in the Masjid or Mosques when it is prayer time and it is frowned upon if they do not. Women and girls on the other hand, are not expected to go to the Masque and in many cases there is no way of knowing if they are praying or not. Majority of women/girls that I have so far came across do not pray. 
I am not judging, just find it interesting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,somali ladies they prey too, but, not infront of the men, they should stand at the back or they should go a side and have theirs alone,... But , I thought you were also praying though I didn't see your picture there.

DALAHOW said...

I was seeing several somali ladies praying at a Mall next to where I work and that was wonderful.

Modern day Somali ladies are very civilized, educated and attractive with their Hijab on..

What a magnificient look..

Admin said...

I have got a nice blog called www.somalianow.blogspot.com

I request somalionline.com to list my blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails